Parts | Plasmid Backbones | BioBrick Prefix and Suffix | Standards | Assembly Standards | Assembly Methods
Prefix and Suffix
The Prefix and Suffix flank the part on either side:
- the part does not include the prefix and suffix
- The sequence of a coding region part would begin with the start codon and end with the stop codon (ATG - - - - - - - - - TAATAA). It does not include the prefix and suffix.
- the plasmid backbone is defined as the sequence starting with the suffix and ending at the prefix
- The sequence of the pSB1C3 plasmid backbone starts with the suffix and ends with the prefix
- The standard prefix depends on the part that follows it:
- 5' GAATTCGCGGCCGCTTCTAG '3 - for coding region parts, and parts that start with ATG. Why?
- 5' GAATTCGCGGCCGCTTCTAGAG '3 - for all other parts
- The standard suffix is always:
- 5' TACTAGTAGCGGCCGCTGCAG '3