mRFP1 transcriptional unit 1
Constitutive expressed transcriptional unit assembled with a one-pot Level 1 Golden Gate reaction using BsaI type IIS endonuclease.
This composite part of our BioArt DNA toolkit palette: Printone , as it can be used to express a red fluorescent color with medium intensity.
This transcriptional unit is composed of the following standardized parts from our Part Collection:
- BBa_K2656004: the J23106 constitutive promoter in its Golden Braid compatible version
- BBa_K2656009: the B0030 medium strength ribosome biding site in its Golden Braid compatible version
- BBa_K2656014: the BBa_E1010 mRFP1 sequence in its Golden Braid standardized version
- Terminator BBa_K2656026: the B0015 transcriptional terminator in its Golden Braid compatible version
Thus, in this transcriptional unit the mRFP1 coding sequence is assembled with a very low strength promoter and relative strong RBS.
The characterization of the mRFP1 protein (and by extension of all the other part that codify for the mRFP1) was performed with this transcriptional unit. In order to carry out a correct characterization of the protein and to be able to use it to make measurements of the different transcriptional units that we assembled with it, the emission and excitation spectra were obtained using this protocol. They can be check by going to the BBa_K2656014 basic part page.
Sequence and Features
- 10COMPATIBLE WITH RFC
- 12Illegal NheI site found at 11
Illegal NheI site found at 34
- 21COMPATIBLE WITH RFC
- 23COMPATIBLE WITH RFC
- 25Illegal AgeI site found at 620
Illegal AgeI site found at 732
- 1000COMPATIBLE WITH RFC