Tight pBAD with araC
Non leaky pBAD promoter with araC constitutively expressed. This biobrick is the same as part:BBa_K808000 but with a change in pBAD promoter and another sequence annotation. The promoter is taken from the pBAD SPL col. 10 from 2013 DTU iGEM team.
The promoter for this biobrick was taken from a synthetic promoter library built to vary the expression and leakiness of Part:BBa_K808000. The colonies that we selected all show less activity than the the constitutive promoter, and when induced, show higher activity than the constitutive promoter. The promoter taken for this part shows high induced activity and low basal (non-induced) activity. For detail see the graph above. This makes it ideal for expression of lethal proteins and to tightly control expression.
Usage and Biology
- Expression of lethal proteins
- Tight control
- Direct proteins to the periplasm, see Part:BBa_K1067009
Sequence and Features
- 10Illegal XbaI site found at 1182
- 12COMPATIBLE WITH RFC
- 21Illegal BamHI site found at 1144
- 23Illegal XbaI site found at 1182
- 25Illegal XbaI site found at 1182
Illegal AgeI site found at 979
- 1000Illegal XbaI site found at 1182