Designed by: Group: iGEM12_UC_Chile (2012-09-20)
psb1C3_IntK recombination plasmid for Synechocystis PCC6803
This plasmid is intended to be used as a starting backbone for further addition of DNA parts by Gibson assembly between RS1 and KanR. As Synechocystis PCC6803 undergoes double homologous recombination naturally , any sequence between RS1 and RS2 will be introduced into its chromosome along with a KanR gene for selection in cyanobacteria or in E. coli.
The plasmid backbone also has a Chloramphenicol resistance casette for selection in E.coli only. The use of BBa_K743000 and BBa_K743001 as recombination sites has no deleterious phenotypic effects on the cells.
This part was used by UC_Chile 2012 team to succesfully transform Synechocystis PCC6803.
Sequence and Features
- 10INCOMPATIBLE WITH RFCIllegal EcoRI site found at 1774
- 12INCOMPATIBLE WITH RFCIllegal EcoRI site found at 1774
- 21INCOMPATIBLE WITH RFCIllegal EcoRI site found at 1774
Illegal XhoI site found at 2271
- 23INCOMPATIBLE WITH RFCIllegal EcoRI site found at 1774
- 25INCOMPATIBLE WITH RFCIllegal EcoRI site found at 1774
- 1000INCOMPATIBLE WITH RFCIllegal SapI site found at 511