svp encodes for a 4'-Phosphopanthetheinyl-transferase (PPTase) which transfers a 4'-PPT residue from CoA to a conserved serine residue in the T-Domain of NRPS modules, thus activating these enzymes.
Sequence and Features
- 10COMPATIBLE WITH RFC
- 12COMPATIBLE WITH RFC
- 21COMPATIBLE WITH RFC
- 23COMPATIBLE WITH RFC
- 25Illegal NgoMIV site found at 173
Illegal NgoMIV site found at 413
Illegal NgoMIV site found at 663
Illegal AgeI site found at 573
- 1000Illegal BsaI site found at 366
- Takahashi, H., Kumagai, T., Kitani, K., Mori, M., Matoba, Y., & Sugiyama, M. (2007). Cloning and Characterization of a Streptomyces Single Module Type Non-ribosomal Peptide Synthetase Catalyzing a Blue Pigment Synthesis *, 282(12), 9073–9081. doi:10.1074/jbc.M611319200
Information contributed by City of London UK (2021)
Part information is collated here to help future users of the BioBrick registry.
- Group: City of London UK 2021
- Author: Janusan Jeyananthan
- Summary: Added information collated from existing scientific studies
kcat is 86 min(-1) with S.glaucescens apo-ACP TcmM as the substrate and 11 min(-1) with S.mobaraensis apo-PCP BlmI as the substrate.
For Streptomyces mobaraensis apo-PCP BlmI1: KM=3.9 µM For Streptomyces glaucescens apo-ACP TcmM: KM=3.1 µM
- “Svp - 4’-Phosphopantetheinyl Transferase Svp - Streptomyces Mobaraensis - Svp Gene & Protein” n.d. Uniprot. Accessed 12 August, 2021 https://www.uniprot.org/uniprot/Q9F0Q6