Hya promoter and Superfolded GFP
The hya promoter is encoded in the genome of K-12 MG1655 E.Coli bacteria. Upon external acidification it is activated and induced transcribtion of hydrogenase isoenzyme 1. This enzyme can then catalyze reversible oxidation of hydrogen.
As a proof of principle we inserted the hya Promoter in front of BioBrick BBa_I746916 which encodes superfolded GFP. Then the induction was tested by transforming cells with the construct, innoculating them in media with different pHs and finally measure their GFP expression with a plate reader and looking at their fluorescence under the microscope.
Sequence and Features
- 10Illegal EcoRI site found at 184
- 12Illegal EcoRI site found at 184
Illegal NheI site found at 499
- 21Illegal EcoRI site found at 184
- 23Illegal EcoRI site found at 184
- 25Illegal EcoRI site found at 184
Illegal AgeI site found at 26
- 1000Illegal SapI.rc site found at 543