dCas9 is a mutant of Cas9, with its endonuclease activity wiped out. dCas9 acts as the sole protein in CRISPRi system (Qi et al., 2013).
Reference QI, LEI S., LARSON, MATTHEW H., GILBERT, LUKE A., DOUDNA, JENNIFER A., WEISSMAN, JONATHAN S., ARKIN, ADAM P. & LIM, WENDELL A. 2013. Repurposing CRISPR as an RNA-Guided Platform for Sequence-Specific Control of Gene Expression. Cell, 152, 1173-1183.
Sequence and Features
- 10Illegal EcoRI site found at 1340
- 12Illegal EcoRI site found at 1340
Illegal NheI site found at 1099
- 21Illegal EcoRI site found at 1340
Illegal BamHI site found at 3378
- 23Illegal EcoRI site found at 1340
- 25Illegal EcoRI site found at 1340
- 1000Illegal EcoRI site found at 1340