Designed by: Nienke Kuipers Group: iGEM09_Groningen (2009-08-19)
SmtA is a metallothionein that binds Zn (II) ions, it is able to bind 3-4 ions per protein.
Usage and Biology
The gene was functionally expressed in E. coli. The protein can be used to accumulate Zn(II) intracellular.
Sequence and Features
- 10Illegal PstI site found at 111
- 12Illegal PstI site found at 111
- 21COMPATIBLE WITH RFC
- 23Illegal PstI site found at 111
- 25Illegal PstI site found at 111
Illegal AgeI site found at 139
- 1000Illegal PstI site found at 111