Coding gene MS
This gene is derived from Quercus ilex L., and it can encode the enzyme mycrene synthase. In our project, mycrene synthase is used to synthesize mycrene from geranyl pyrophosphate (GPP).
Usage and Biology
This part，Part:BBa_K2615996，Part:BBa_B0034 and Part:BBa_K3595016 can be combined to form a composite part，which can be expressed downstream of the promoter pTac in the presence of IPTG. We constructed plasmids pBR322-KanR-pTac-GPPS-MS. The constructed plasmid was cotransferred into E.coli DH10b host cell with plasimd pMevT, pMBIS to test its production of myrcene.
- Genetic information of MS,GPPS was described in the page Part:BBa_K3595015, Part:BBa_K3595016,respectively.
- Plasmid pBR322-KanR-pTac-GPPS-MS,pMevT and pMBIS were cotransferred into the E.coli DH10b competent cell .
- Single colonies were selected from the experimental LB-agar plate with antibiotics, then inoculated into test-tube tubes with
2 ml M9 medium with 0.1 mM IPTG and 1% glucose, in 37 degree Celsius overnight. 20% dodecane (v/v) was added to collect the myrcene produced by DH10b.
- After the centrifugation (12000rpm for a minute), the dodecane layer was collected to test the production of myrcene.
- E.coli DH10b with plasmids pMevT, pMBIS, and pTYT-GPPS-MS could produce myrcene, but in relatively low productivity compared to the previous research.
Sequence and Features
- 10COMPATIBLE WITH RFC
- 12Illegal NheI site found at 1387
- 21Illegal XhoI site found at 1252
- 23COMPATIBLE WITH RFC
- 25Illegal AgeI site found at 733
- 1000COMPATIBLE WITH RFC
Kim EM, et al. Microbial Synthesis of Myrcene by Metabolically Engineered Escherichia coli. J Agric Food Chem 2015,13;63(18):4606-12.
Martin VJJ, et al. Engineering a mevalonate pathway in Escherichia coli for production of terpenoids.Nat Biotechnol 2003;21(7):796-802.
Nakatani T, et al. Enhancement of thioredoxin: glutaredoxin- mediated L-cysteine synthesis from S-sulfocysteine increases L-cysteine production in Escherichia coli. Microb Cell Fact 2012;11:62.