Update to the Registry's Submission System!
We've made some changes to the submission system that will give better feedback to users and help the Registry process new submissions. You'll see when your physical shipment has arrived at the Registry, and how your samples are being evaluated on an individual basis. If there is a mistake with the form, or an issue with a sample, you won't have to redo your submission form.
We hope these changes help, and improve the part submission process!
When you add a new sample to the submission form, you must enter the Part (BBa_...) and Plasmid Backbone. This information is then used to evaluate the sample and assign a sample status
- Your sample will be marked as accepted if it meets the following Registry's submission requirements:
- Your part is documented on the Registry
- Your part is BioBrick compatible
- You part is in pSB1C3, the Registry's shipping standard
- Your sample will require an exception if it does not meet one or more of the Registry's submission requirements:
- Your part is not BioBrick compatible
- You part is not in pSB1C3, the Registry's shipping standard
If your part does not meet one of the above requirements, it will be highlighted in red. You can continue to work on your submission form and then send your shipment to us. When it has arrived at iGEM HQ, we will review parts that require an exception.
- After reviewing your sample we will change the part status to one of the following:
- Accepted(U) - Your sample has has met the criteria for an exemption from one or more of the requirements. It's been accepted!
- Pending(U) - We're working on evaluating this sample!
- Rejected(U) - Unfortunately, your sample did not meet the criteria for an exemption. Additionally, the Registry may not be able to support this sample.